Register for: FAMILY CERT DAY CAMP July 14 - 18
Fort Bend County
FAMILY CERT DAYCAMP
Family Community Emergency Response Training
Fort Bend County Family CERT Day Camp is a FREE fun, interactive, hands-on 5 day course designed to prepare your family to respond to disasters and emergencies.
EACH ADULT MUST SIGN UP SEPARATELY
At least one adult family member for every four children is required to attend
Ages 10 and up are welcome.
Camp: July 14 - 18; 2:00PM - 6:00PM
PLEASE DISABLE POP-UP BLOCKER(S) BEFORE CONTINUING
We recommend students take the free online Introduction to CERT: Click Here
Do you know what to do when faced with an emergency? Do you feel helpless when disaster strikes?
Your assistance could be critical before, during, and after a natural or man-made disaster. ARE YOU PREPARED?
Community Emergency Response (CERT) and affiliated Citizen Corps training offers information and skills that volunteer/disaster reserves teams can use to better prepare their families, neighbors and communities to cope with the aftermath of natural and man-made disasters. Official Fort Bend County CERT teams provide immediate assistance and direction in their community until first responders can arrive.
The training program will cover areas such as:
• DISASTER PREPAREDNESS
• DISASTER FIRE SUPPRESSION
• DISASTER MEDICAL OPERATIONS
• LIGHT SEARCH AND RESCUE OPERATIONS
• DISASTER PSYCHOLOGY/AND TEAM ORGANIZATION
• CPR/ FIRST AID
• DISASTER SIMULATION (skills practice and application)
Members will participate and be an active member in good standing of the Fort Bend County Community Preparedness and Disaster Resilience Programs, attend continuing education hours, and respond to activations in order to remain credentialed and to deploy in actual events and incidents. After attending Fort Bend County CERT, members specialize and participate in one or more of the following current and developing Fort Bend County Teams
• FORT BEND COUNTY CITIZEN SUPPORT TEAM (CST)
• FORT BEND COUNTY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT RADIO OPERATORS GROUP (EMROG)
• FORT BEND COUNTY HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES; MEDICAL RESERVE CORPS (MRC)
• FORT BEND COUNTY VIRTUAL OPERATIONS SUPPORT TEAM (VOST)
• FORT BEND COUNTY INCIDENT SUPPORT TEAM (IST)
• FORT BEND COUNTY SEARCH AND RESCUE TEAM (SAR)
The Official Fort Bend County CERT training is a prerequisite to attending intermediate and advanced training such as
- WILDERNESS /REMOTE FIRST AID & PEDIATRIC FIRST AID
- BLS FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS (AHA)/ CPR FOR THE PROFESSIONAL RESCUER (ARC)
- STANDARDIZED AWARENESS AUTHORIZED TRAINING –DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
- EMREGENCY MEDICAL RESPONDER/MEDICAL FIRST RESPONDER (ARC)
- SEARCH RESCUE RECOVERY CURRICULUM
Fort Bend County Office of Emergency Management, Community Emergency Response Program services all communities in Fort Bend County and well as other governmental agencies in the region. We issue graduates safety equipment and disaster supplies to utilize during the simulations and with which to respond.
Please submit the form below, indicating which CERT class you wish to attend, please disable any and all pop-up blockers for best results
For more information about the Official Fort Bend County CERT Team, see the CERT Team website at http://cert.fbcoem.org/
For more information about Fort Bend County Events, see the FBC Events website at http://fbcoem.org/go/doctype/1528/37013/
July Course Family Day-Camp Option
Camp: July 14 - 18; 2:00PM - 6:00PM
Location: Fort Bend County Fire Field, located 0.1 miles northeast of the Mount Carmel Cemetery in Richmond, coordinates 29.595029,-95.761176
We provide further details and directions to registrants one week before the course.
Parking is available at several locations surrounding the facility, all within visual distance.