Register for Wilderness Remote First Aid ( WFA / WRFA ), Winter 2016
American Red Cross
Wilderness First Aid Course
The Wilderness First Aid (WFA) course will help you prepare for the unexpected. It will introduce you to caring for people who become ill or injured far from definitive medical care. Classroom lectures and demonstrations are combined with realistic scenarios where mock patients will challenge you to integrate your learning in austere environments. At the end of the course, you’ll have the knowledge, skills and ability to make sound decisions in emergency situations where immediate medical care from professionals is either currently unavailable or impossible due to a disaster.
PLEASE DISABLE POP-UP BLOCKER(S) BEFORE CONTINUING
In order to register students must meet both of the following requirements:
1) Be a member in good standing of the Fort Bend County Community Preparedness/Volunteer Programs, Community Partners in Preparedness, or regionally aligned nonprofit/public/private partnership organizations. For more information please contact 281-238-3428 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Possess and submit to email@example.com , at time of registration, and be valid at the time of the course, a current CPR card from one of the following nationally recognized Emergency Cardiovascular Care member agencies:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- National Safety Foundation
- Military Training Network
The course is both mentally and physically challenging, individuals with medical limitations should consult the advice of their physician before registering for the course. No previous first aid training is required.
You must be 16 years old or older to attend this course or attend with a parent or guardian.
Fort Bend County Office of Emergency Management, Volunteer Emergency Response Programs serve all communities in Fort Bend County and well as other governmental agencies in the region. We issue graduates safety equipment and disaster supplies to utilize during the simulations and with which to respond.
For more information about the Official Fort Bend County CERT Team, see the CERT Team website at http://cert.fbcoem.org/
For more information about Fort Bend County Events, see the FBC Events website at http://fbcoem.org/go/doctype/1528/37013/
We provide, further details and directions to registrants one week before the course.
Parking is available at several locations surrounding the facility, all within visual distance.