This Web Page describes the requirements for EMROG membership.
Elegibility, Full Member: Individuals applying for a position in the County RACES program must meet the same minimum requirements as any OEM employee and shall be subjected to a background history check and application approval by the County Human Resources Department (which includes the following criteria):
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Possess a current and valid, Technician Class or higher, Amateur Radio License issued by the Federal Communications Commission.
- Never have had an amateur radio license suspended or revoked.
- Never have been denied membership in, or have had membership revoked with just cause, in another amateur emergency communications program.
- Never have been convicted of a felony.
- Be physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position applied for.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be a legal resident of Texas and of the jurisdiction the position supports.
- Be willing and able (from a personal and employment standpoint) to devote sufficient time and effort to perform the duties of the position.
- Be willing to act as an example for other amateur operators.
Elegibility, Associate Member: Associate Membership may be granted on an individual basis to persons who have a desire to work with the Fort Bend County Emergency Management Radio Operators Group (EMROG), but are not eligible or do not desire full membership in EMROG.
- Associate Membership will be granted only in conjunction with a Member Sponsor. A Member Sponsor is an EMROG member. An Associate candidate must meet the following requirements.
- May be younger than 18 years of age.
- Must have a sponsoring member.
- Associate members do not have to hold an amateur radio license. If they do have an amateur radio license, they will be permitted to talk on only amateur frequencies.
- Associate members must be accompanied by their Sponsor Member at all times.
- Associate members must obey all rules and guidelines of EMROG as if they were a regular member.
Participation: An acceptable standard of participation is to be actively involved in at least two activities each quarter of a calendar year. Participation may be in the form of, but not limited to, training activities, exercises or meetings.
FBC_ARES_Application.484375.pdf ( PDF Document - 76.91 KB)
Fort Bend ARES Program Application
Texas_RACES_Application.484371.pdf ( PDF Document - 311.06 KB)
Texas RACES Program Application
FBC_EMROG_Application.506287.pdf ( PDF Document - 117.23 KB)
Fort Bend RACES Program Application