This Web Page describes the requirements for EMROG membership.
Absolute Requirements: The applicant must be able to meet the requirements stated in the two documents he/she must submit in addition to the Full Member or Associate Member requirements stated below.
1. Download, complete, and submit the State RACES Application, "2012 New RACES Application DEM-6" document at the bottom of this page.
2. Download, complete, and submit the State RACES Application, "RACES Applicant Criminal History Disqualifiers" document at the bottom of this page.
Elegibility, Full Member: Individuals applying for a position in the County RACES program must meet the same minimum requirements as any OEM employee and shall be subjected to a background history check and application approval by the County Human Resources Department (which includes the following criteria):
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Possess a current and valid, Technician Class or higher, Amateur Radio License issued by the Federal Communications Commission.
- Never have had an amateur radio license suspended or revoked.
- Never have been denied membership in, or have had membership revoked with just cause, in another amateur emergency communications program.
- Never have been convicted of a felony.
- Be physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position applied for.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be a legal resident of Texas and of the jurisdiction the position supports.
- Be willing and able (from a personal and employment standpoint) to devote sufficient time and effort to perform the duties of the position.
- Be willing to act as an example for other amateur operators.
Elegibility, Associate Member: Associate Membership may be granted on an individual basis to persons who have a desire to work with the Fort Bend County Emergency Management Radio Operators Group (EMROG), but are not eligible or do not desire full membership in EMROG.
- Associate Membership will be granted only in conjunction with a Member Sponsor. A Member Sponsor is an EMROG member. An Associate candidate must meet the following requirements.
- May be younger than 18 years of age.
- Must have a sponsoring member.
- Associate members do not have to hold an amateur radio license. If they do have an amateur radio license, they will be permitted to talk on only amateur frequencies.
- Associate members must be accompanied by their Sponsor Member at all times.
- Associate members must obey all rules and guidelines of EMROG as if they were a regular member.
Participation: An acceptable standard of participation is to be actively involved in at least two activities each quarter of a calendar year. Participation may be in the form of, but not limited to, training activities, exercises or meetings.
2012 New RACES Application DEM-6.pdf ( PDF Document - 47.65 KB)
RACES Applicant Criminal History Disqualifiers.pdf ( PDF Document - 68.96 KB)
FBC_ARES_Application.484375.pdf ( PDF Document - 76.91 KB)
Fort Bend ARES Program Application
FBC_EMROG_Application.506287.pdf ( PDF Document - 117.23 KB)
Fort Bend RACES Program Application