- Primary: Provide Amateur Radio communications to our served agencies when all other electronic mechanisms fail. Our primary served agency is the Fort Bend County Office of Emergency Management. We also serve several hospitals and municipalities in Fort Bend County. Amateur Radio communications can be internal to Fort Bend County or between the Fort Bend, another county, or the State of Texas.
- Secondary: Provides Amateur Radio communication among EMROG Skywarn storm spotters, the National Weather Service in League City, the Fort Bend Office of Emergency Management, or by telephone relay the Fort Bend Sheriff's Department.
To join the Emergency Management Radio Operators Group (EMROG), visit the FBC EMROG Credentialing Requirements page.
The group's intake email is FBCEMROG@gmail.com. Email is checked several time a week, but not daily.
Each Monday Night (except Third) at 7:30 PM, more information, on the FBC EMROG Net Operations page.
Fort Bend Office of Emergency Managements sponsors three repeaters for emergency service use:
- 2 Meter Vocal: 145.490 MHz,PL=123.0 Hz, Negative Offset
- 2 Meter Digital: 145.050 MHz (KD5HAL-5 and KD5HAL-10)
- 70cm Vocal: 444.525 MHZ, PL=123.0 Hz, Positive Offset
- Races and EMROG Training Nets: Each Monday Night (except Third) at 7:30 PM: 145.490 MHz, negative offset, PL 123.0 Hz.
- EMROG (eye-ball) meeting at EOC (no net): Third Monday of each month: 7:30 PM at the Fort Bend Office of Emergency Management;307 Fort Street, Richmond, TX. Talk in on 145.49 repeater (repeater information above).
- January 20th: Eyeball Meeting, Cancelled, County Holliday, MLK
- February 17th: Eyeball Meeting, 7:30pm, Enter West Door
- March 17th: Eyeball Meeting, 7:30pm, Enter West Door
- April 21st: Eyeball Meeting, 7:30pm, Enter West Door
- EMROG Work Days: These are used to maintain and improve Amateur Radio Communication infrastructure. They are usually scheduled for the first Saturday following the "eye-ball" meeting on the Third-Monday. Currently envisioned work days are listed below. Breakfast is usually provided for those who notify in advance that they intend to attend.
- January 25th: Work Day, CANCELLED
- February 22nd: Work Day, 8:30AM - Noon, Call on repeater
- March 22nd: Work Day CANCELLED (Greater Houston Hamfest & ARRL onvention)
- April 26th: Work Day, 8:30AM - Noon, Call on repeater
Member Log-In Links
Useful Web Information Links
- NWS Houston/Galveston Fire Weather Page
- NWS Fort Bend County TX: Watches, Warnings, Advisories
- NWS Harris County TX: Watches, Warnings, Advisories
- NWS Storm Prediction Center
- City of Sugar Land: Interactive Rainfall Map
- Harris County Rain Gauge System
- USGS Texas Stream Flow Data by County
- USGS Texas Stream Flow Data by River
- Texas Parks & Wildlife River Flow Gauges, Brazos River
- Texas Forest Service Fire Activity
- Space Weather: NOAA WSA-Enlil Solar Wind Prediction
- RMS Station Up Times (South Texas)
- Houston Area Amateur License Training
- Anderson Power Pole Connector Construction
- Harris County ARES
- SE Texas Public Service Events
Traffic _ Service Nets 03-26-10.pdf ( PDF Document - 19.28 KB)
Traffic & Service Nets Available from the Sugar Land TX area
FBC_EMROG_Application.pdf ( PDF Document - 117.23 KB)
PDF document supporting Type-In fields
EMROG Brochure ( PDF Document - 1 MB)
Texas RACES Application Form ( PDF Document - 311.06 KB)
FBC ARES Application Form ( PDF Document - 76.91 KB)
January 25, 2010
Skywarn Net Procedures
February 19, 2009
SkyWarn Net Control Scripts
Skywarn Log NCS ( PDF Document - 3.07 KB)
Skywarn Log Liaison ( PDF Document - 2.59 KB)