The Fort Bend County Public Information Officers Network is an open and inclusive network of individuals from Fort Bend County jurisdictions, agencies, and organizations who serve as official Public Information Officers, are tasked with public information responsibilities, or who serve as designated spokespersons for their jurisdictions. This network was developed as a means to share information and develop standard communication protocols that will be used to communicate to our community during an emergency.
The Fort Bend County Public Information Officers Network will provide the local community with vital information for survival, safety, and awareness in a crisis.
To provide a collaborative communications network in Fort Bend County in order to provide residents, guests, and our local, regional, state, and national partners with information and communication resources to mitigate, prepare for, respond to, and recover from a crisis.
What can we do?
- Fortify the information plan/system
- Establish a Joint Information Center
- Share plans, expectations, and issues
- Maximize technology and embrace traditional measures
- Reach out to special needs populations
- Include the Media in Planning
- Implement a well-organized, easy-to-use computer-based network that connects all stakeholders
- Provide first responder agencies with public information support in a crisis
- Collaboration within the network to develop consistent messages, i.e., "Speak with one voice."
- Initiate a joint information center to facilitate timely communications in a crisis
- Collectively work in advance of an incident to educate the public about crises response
- Identify desired public action
- Provide reasonable knowledge of the situation
- Instill public reassurance
- Coordinate media response
- Implement emergency public information system
- Facilitate internal communications
The Fort Bend County Public Information Officer Network meets on the first Friday of every even numbered month:
- October 3, 2014
- December 5, 2014
- February 6, 2015
- April 3, 2015
- June 5, 2015
- August 7, 2015
- October 2, 2015
- December 4, 2015
We meet from 8:30 A.M. to 10:00 A.M in the main floor meeting room in the Travis Building located at 301 Jackson Street, Richmond, TX 77469. Coffee is provided.
Meetings consist of networking time, open discussion on Public Information issues, and usually a program or presentation from a member or a guest speaker. In 2014, we have heard from speakers ranging from a police department's social media officer, to the FBI's cyber security division, to the Red Cross. The meetings are brief, but focused and beneficial to any emergency communicators within Fort Bend County,
Fort Bend County JIC Plan ( PDF Document - 300.92 KB)
May 29, 2013
Fort Bend PIO Network Meeting "Save the Date"
September 7, 2012
Agenda, PIO Network Meeting, September 19, 2012, 11:30 A.M.
August 30, 2012
Summary, FBC PIO Network Meeting, July 10, 2012
July 10, 2012
Agenda, PIO Network Meeting, July 10, 2012
July 10, 2012
Reminder: FBC PIO Network Meeting Today @ 11:30
July 10, 2012
New Tool for Sharing Information with PIO Network Members
May 9, 2012
PIO Network Meeting for May Postponed
April 23, 2012
Summary, FBC PIO Network Meeting, March 21, 2012
November 30, 2011
Fort Bend County PIO Network Meeting this Friday at 11:30