June 1st was the official start of the 2016 Atlantic Hurricane Season. National Weather Service's predictions for the 2016 hurricane season are out, but it only takes one storm impacting the Houston area to cause damage to your home or business. The Fort Bend County Office of Emergency Management is prepared, are you? Check out our pages under the "Preparedness" menu above, paying special attention to the Fort Bend County Hurricanes page.
This Hurricane Season brings you many ways to keep informed; Fort Bend County has digital signage on State Highway 6 in Arcola to communicate threats to folks passing-through Fort Bend County while evacuating. We also have FBC Alerts, which allow you to receive alerts of many threats directly from our office.
Flood recovery efforts are underway for businesses and residents affected by the severe storms this year.
- Click here for information related to the long-term recovery committee
- Click here for assistance with recovery efforts
- Click here to donate to the United Way's long-term recovery fund for Fort Bend County
About this site
This site exists to keep you informed on the happenings at the OEM and on current EM news throughout the region, state and country. Our goal is to provide a valuable online resource for other emergency responders, the public and the media.
Development of this site is funded by a grant from the US Department of Homeland Security, administered by the State of Texas Governor's Division of Emergency Management.
- We Want You... to Volunteer! / Te Queremos A Ti ... Para ser voluntario!
- Agenda of FBC LEPC On October 20, 2016
- Register for Citizen Support Team (CST) Training Nov 9, 2016
- Citizen Support Team (CST) Training Flyer Nov 9, 2016
- Minutes of the FBC LEPC meeting on September 15, 2016
Latest from Jeff Braun's Blog
This week please take time to learn more about lightning and how to stay safe!
- Coaches and Sports Guide to Lightning Safety
- Lightning Safety
- Top 10 Lightning Safety Myths
- Lightning Strikes
More lightning information can be found at lightningsafety.noaa.gov
As we find interesting information relating to emergency management, we post it to our Emergency Management Information Library.
The purpose of this Library is to help inform, collaborate with, and support others in the field of emergency management.