Summary, FBCCC Meeting Summary, May 16, 2012, 2012
FORT BEND COUNTY COORDINATION COUNCIL
Meeting Summary – May 16, 2012
Fort Bend County OEM – 1:30 PM
- American Red Cross: Egan
- Fort Bend County Health & Human Services: Aaron, Kendrick, Manville
- Fort Bend County OEM: Barnes, Renfrow, Spears, Stone, Tollison
- Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office: Jan
- City of Kendleton: Smallwood
- City of Missouri City: Lefevers
- City of Rosenberg: Warren
- Fort Bend Family Health Center: Rodriquez
- Fort Bend ISD: Dancer, Rodriguez
- HealthSouth Hospital: Coppens
- Memorial Hermann Sugar Land: Tuntland
- OakBend Medical Center: Petri
- St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital SL: Brightman
- Texas Department of Public Safety: Noak
Meeting called to order at 1:30 PM by Alan Spears, Fort Bend County Deputy Emergency Management Coordinator; self-introductions conducted.
- Community Partners in Preparedness (Renfrow)
- We are planning an Emergency Preparedness presentation following the June Fort Bend Connect meeting.
- The presentation will be held at the Sugar Land First United Methodist Church from 9:30 to 10:30AM.
- Debris Management Plan (Tollison)
- The debris management plan has been updated and will be going to Commissioner's Court for signature next week. Following Court approval, the document will be sent to the various jurisdictions so that it can be approved and signed. At the same time, a document will be sent to the jurisdictions for their signature as well, and will need to be sent back to Commissioner's Court. This document will be an addendum outlining cost recovery procedures in the event that the plan is activated.
- FBC Fire Chiefs (Spears)
- Next meeting will be Thursday night.
- At the beginning of the meeting we will go over the equipment list. This list is the list of resources that can be guaranteed to be available to go outside of the County if needed.
- The group will also be discussing radio issues, such as profiles and talk groups.
- There will also be discussion relating to the Grace Accountability System that allows for the tracking of firefighters when they enter a structure.
- FBC PIO Network (Barnes)
- The last FBC PIO Network meeting was canceled, the date and time for the next meeting will be sent out by Mullen.
- FBC Training & Exercise Committee (Spears)
- There will be a short training and exercise meeting today following FBCCC.
- Spears stated that if you are not receiving emails from Trameka to please let him know and he will have Trameka add your email to the distribution list.
- Grants (Tollison)
- 2009 grant is closed.
- 2010 grant will be closing in July. Currently working towards closing out the 2010 grant.
- 2011 grant is open and will be open until the first part of 2013
- 2012 grant applications were submitted and the application approval process has been completed. 2012 funding won't be available until the end of the year.
- Hazard Mitigation (Tollison)
- The Hazard Mitigation Plan has been approved by the State and has been sent to FEMA for review. We are expecting a relatively short turn around time from FEMA.
- Hazardous Materials Response Team (Tollison)
- The newly formed Committee met today. The Committee decided that they are moving away from the East/West divisions and will be creating a single team. The team is currently working on developing standard operating procedures and equipment lists.
- Public Health Preparedness (Aaron)
- Currently preparing for a Full scale exercise on 5/19 at Seven Lakes HS to train volunteers, handout medication. Expected to have 100+ volunteers to serve as clients.
- SWAT Team (Jan)
- SWAT training continues.
- The SWAT Board of Directors has been formed and the first meeting has been tentatively scheduled for June 14th at OEM.
- Technical Rescue (Tollison)
- The Technical Rescue Team met this morning and were able to complete the standard operating guidelines.
- The team is currently working on a strategic plan that will outline how they will respond in the Region and State.
- Volunteer/Outreach (Spears)
- Continuing to recruit volunteers
- CERT training is still ongoing. If anyone is interested in CERT training contact Ed Norman.
- FBC Technology Workgroup (Barnes)
- Workgroup name has been officially changed to “Tech Workgroup”. Includes WebEOC, Pier, GIS, i-Info and any other technologies to be used in the region.
- There will be a pre-hurricane season WebEOC refresher course held at OEM from 2-3:30 on May 24th. This training will be a great opportunity to brush up on WebEOC skills, as well as be a great opportunity for new users to learn the basics of WebEOC.
- Barnes handed out a screenshot of the next version of the Houston Hide from the Wind project. Barnes stated that the site is nearing completion and that it is expected to go live around June 10th. Barnes gave a brief overview of the functionality of the site and its intended purpose. Barnes stated that this site is primarily intended for the public and informed the group that they are more than welcome to link to it on their websites.
- Jurisdictional/Agency Announcements
- Spears / OEM: Spears asked the group if there have been any newly elected Mayors, there were none.
- Rodriguez / FBISD: FBISD will host an ICS 100 class and TTX for administrators on June 7, 2012.
- Other Business
- Lefevers / Missouri City: Lefevers inquired about the new dynamic billboards that ClearChannel has been putting up and the recent media story. Mullen informed the group that he was in attendance at the meeting and that there has been some misinformation regarding the billboards. There have been 11 colored boards installed, with 4 more on the way. It has been a challenge for ClearChannel to get local jurisdictions on board, but as a concession, ClearChannel will allow Emergency Management to display PSAs for no cost . There is one sign in FBC located on HWY 6 in Arcola. The signs will be predominately used for hurricane, amber alerts, etc. Jeff Braun has been designated as the message originator for Fort Bend County. There is a code that will need to be given that authorizes the display of the particular PSA. There are still issues that are being worked out regarding the signs. There will be three different types of messages: general preparedness; PSAs which can be displayed in rotation for free; and emergency alerts, which will have no advertising and will be a solid screen. Mullen agreed to send out the map and project overview.
- Dan Reilly: 2012 Hurricane Readiness, Forecast, and Discussion
- Information provided on 2012 hurricane season forecast. Information also provided on ways to obtain weather information from the NWS.
- Alan Spears: POD Discussion, Traffice Management Plan, Debris Management Plan
- Spears discussed the current state of the POD locations across Fort Bend County and the different types of PODs.
- Spears provided information regarding the 2012 Traffic Management Plan
- Spears provided information regarding the Debris Management Plan
- Next Meeting will be June 20, 2012, at 1:30 pm at Fort Bend County OEM.
Alan Spears, Doug Barnes
Powered by the PIER System