Summary, FBCCC Meeting Summary, April 18, 2012, 2012
FORT BEND COUNTY COORDINATION COUNCIL
Meeting Summary – April 18, 2012
Fort Bend County OEM – 1:30 PM
- American Red Cross: Dent, Egan
- Fort Bend County Health & Human Services: Aaron, Manville
- Fort Bend County OEM: Barnes, Evans, Mullen, Renfrow, Spears, Stone, Tollison
- Fort Bend County Public Transportation: Hoss
- City of Kendleton: Smallwood
- City of Missouri City: Lefevers
- City of Richmond: Burciaga
- City of Sugar Land: Hughes
- City of Weston Lakes: Horowitz
- Fort Bend Family Health Center: Rodriquez
- Fort Bend ISD: Dancer, Rodriguez
- HealthSouth Hospital: Coppens
- OakBend Medical Center: Petri
- St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital SL: Brightman
Meeting called to order at 1:35 PM by Alan Spears, Fort Bend County Deputy Emergency Management Coordinator; self-introductions conducted.
- Community Partners in Preparedness (Renfrow)
- 4/18/12 conducted preparedness training with the staff at the Mamie George Community Center. Played “preparedness bingo” for the first time.
- We are planning an Emergency Preparedness presentation following the June Fort Bend Connect meeting with lunch provided by Raising Canes.
- Additional meetings scheduled at Mamie George on 6/30/12 for clients receiving food.
- Debris Management Plan (Evans)
- Plan edits have been completed and sent to the vendor for review and incorporation. Plan walk-thru is scheduled for 4/26/12, 1:00pm to 3:00pm. Finalized drafts will go out to the steering committee following the meeting. Final comments should be directed to Evans.
- FBC Fire Chiefs (Spears)
- Reminder: Behind the Badge Program covers both FBC / JRJ Law enforcement and fire personnel injured in the line of duty. Your support of their upcoming fund raising event at the Stafford Centre is appreciated.
- Reminder for the HC Regional Radio System: Many of our current radio will be no good / out of date by 2015 and we will need to deal with replacement issues.
- During the last meeting we updated the available resource list.
- FBC PIO Network (Mullen)
- Mullen met with United Way to review the 211 system and discussed public information issues.
- PIO page has been updated on the website and includes upcoming meetings.
- Net meeting is 5/17/12 – location to be determined.
- FBC Training & Exercise Committee (Evans)
- No new information has become available on the upcoming Position Specific training.
- Would like to discuss the upcoming Damage Assessment planning project during our T & E time at 3:00pm. Jurisdictions please stay to discuss your current plan for damage assessment in your city.
- Grants (Tollison)
- 2009 Grant is closed.
- We are moving forward with purchases for the 2010, 2011 grant years.
- Hazard Mitigation (Tollison)
- 2nd review of plan completed by State. Three changes recommended, then back to TDEM. Once approved by TDEM, off to FEMA.
- Hazardous Materials Response Team (Tollison)
- The Committee has spent a lot of money on update inventory.
- Next Meeting scheduled for May.
- Public Health Preparedness (Olinger)
- Currently preparing for a Full scale exercise on 5/19 at Seven Lakes HS to train volunteers, handout medication. Expected to have 100+ volunteers to serve as clients
- Looking for additional Observer / Controllers.
- Mobile medical tent being used by Special Olympics for their first aid booth @ Lamar Stadium.
- SWAT Team (Jan)
- SWAT members attending conference on 4/20/12.
- East division recently used the Bearcat to assist in resolving a barricaded suspect situation in Sugar Land, which began with FBC Deputies trying to serve a felony warrant.
- UASI 2012 funds will be used to purchase SCBA for the team which will move the FBC Regional SWAT team to a Type 2 team.
- Technical Rescue (Tollison/Spears)
- 2 deployments recently; (1) Full scale exercise to El Campo, (2) 3-day exercise at the fire field 3/26 -28.
- New SOP and guidelines almost complete. Currently looking to expand the team.
- Volunteer/Outreach (Norman/ Evans)
- Upcoming June classes: Mosaic Church in Sugar Land on weekday evenings; Focus Humanitarian- 1 weekend at EOC.
- Katy class tentatively scheduled for August, location TDB.
- Reminder: ICS 300 – 400 training – April 30 – May 4, FBC SO Academy.
- WebEOC Workgroup (Barnes/Spears)
- Workgroup name has been officially changed to “Tech Workgroup”. Includes WebEOC, Pier, GIS, i-Info and any other technologies to be used in the region.
- Meeting on 4/18/12. Discussion to change the date due to other conflicting meeting.
- WebEOC patch installed which should correct the problem of users being randomly logged off.
- The state has decided to use the STAR Board for all resource requests. There has been a lot of discussion in the regional about how the will affect individual jurisdictions / partners. Currently we have 3 options on how to process resource request: (1) continue to use the current process, build a program to convert the 213 RR documents automatically to send to the state, (2) Rework the LoRe board to send requests to the STAR board, (3) begin using the STAR process completely – City to County to State.
- Jurisdictional/Agency Announcements
- Hoss / Transportation: Grand Opening of the new Park-N-Ride at the Fairgrounds has occurred. Not many in attendance, but hoping for more.
- Horowitz / City of Weston Lakes: 4/19/12 at 6pm Weston Lakes will conduct a WebEOC exercise for their EOC staff. Doug Barnes and Danny Jan will be in attendance.
- Rodriguez / FBISD: FBISD will host an ICS 100 class and TTX for administrators on June 7, 2012.
- Manville / HHS: EMS will celebrate their 40th anniversary 5/3/12 from 2-4pm at Medic 1, please try to attend.
- Hughes / Sugar Land: Reminder: Inaugural game of the Sugar Land Skeeters, Thursday 4/26/12.
- Other Business
- Spears: Update on Digital Sandbox – moving forward with development which will include Police departments, schools, and hospitals. It will provide information on critical infrastructure and include plans for building, evacuation routes / plans. 750 locations already identified. Consultants will work with stakeholders to gather information and ensure key locations are included.
- Doug Barnes / Lach Mullen: Mapping Tools & Tricks
- Information provided on simple mapping techniques that can be used easily by organizations that do not employ GIS specialists.
- Next Meeting will be May 16, 2012, at 1:30 pm at Fort Bend County OEM.
Alan Spears, Shauna Evans
Powered by the PIER System